Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Announced: An official Cooper EAS web forum

I've been informed that Cooper EAS has to intention to build a community around their grid automation products such as IMS, a process to which I'll be glad to contribute when the time comes.

A first step into building a community is, in my opinion, to set up a web forum. To my surprise, EAS just announced one today. It is available here:


http://216.17.94.116/vbulletin/index.php


There is no DNS name yet, but I'm sure they'll fix this soon. Also note that access is limited to current customers only.

I think that a critical mass of their current customers is mostly interested in DR, which means that I don't expect to see many grid automation subjects in that forum to start. But it is a really, really good first step.

O.

No comments: